I put my playlist on shuffle yesterday at 7:43pm. I was writing a meeting plan and thought why not just click that icon that looks like a pair of scissors and let it entertain me?
Well, world, there’s something intriguing about shuffle. So, the first ten songs that came on were:
- I’m not the Only One by Sam Smith
- September by Daughtry
- Wanderlust by James Bay
- L’Origine Nascosta by Ludorico Einauchi
- Romantica by Il Volo
- Unconditionally Bae by Sauti Sol & Ali Kiba
- No Scrubs by TLC
- Calypso (Remix) by Luis Fonsi
- Sexy Dance by Fally Ipupa
- Not Over You by Gavin DeGraw
When Fally Ipupa’s song came on, I was on my feet dancing till I spilled some of the tea I was drinking on the floor and it didn’t help that the lights went out right when I’d gone to fetch a mop from the bathroom.
But, that’s not why I am writing this post. I am writing it for a host of reasons aside from vanity.
I am writing it because I learned that:
- I have a lot of albums that I have barely listened to.
- Playing songs on shuffle mode is like taking a stroll, you don’t know where the trail will lead you but you cannot help but take in every moment, enjoying every new thing that comes your way.
- Songs can distract you from work and shuffle follows no theme or order, one song is melancholic the other is upbeat, it just plays as it goes.
- It’s been three months since I listened to any song by One Direction and in my world that means that I have been of sound mental health for their songs are what I go to when my mood needs lifting.
Have you ever hit the shuffle button on your player? What’s your experience been like?
In other news:
I am currently reading: You vs You: 12 Ways to Kick Your Own Ass and Win by Todd Cahill
I’m drinking: Tea
It’s: 28 Degrees Celcius here in Mbita.