Africans are known for a lot of things, but today, I’d like to share eight proverbs that crack me up every time.
- Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
- Anger, no matter how hot it is, can never cook yam.
- A monkey that eats grass instead of banana is a goat.
- However much the buttocks are in a hurry, they will always remain at the back.
- A female tongue gets things more easily than a strong man.
- You cannot run and scratch your ass at the same time.
- If men swear that they want to harm you when you are asleep, you can go to sleep. If women say so, stay awake.
- No matter how powerful a man is, he cannot make the rains fall on his farm alone.