The weekend’s here. I’m so happy and well rested I could read three books and listen to some Sauti Sol.
So, I have been on the road daily since Monday.
It’s great traversing Siaya County and talking to farmers about their expertise and food security. I had fish stew at some hotel “Furaha Hotel” on Monday night and my stomach rumbled for two straight days!
I had to wade through mud to get to a school called Malunga and this three year old kid kept staring at my gumboots before stating that he never knew boots could be green in color.
I really miss home food and being on the road has exposed me to different kinds of people. I am learning that:
- It’s good to say hello to people.
- Farmers are the most hardworking people and they don’t even know it. I have been calculating how many days they spend on the farm from land preparation to harvest.
- Sweet potatoes and black tea is the best meal ever.
- The best way to heat your feet is to wear gumboots the whole day.
- Not everyone is pro-teamwork.
- I love four-wheel drive trucks.
Have a great weekend y’all.