I came across a post I’d published on April 28, 2014 on Jodie titled “A Girl’s Got to Dream, Right?’ I had bought over a 100 books that year and had my sister, Jackie, take this cheesy photo of me. PS: I still fit into those black shorts.
Back then I was so in love with 11 books that I believed if ever I had kids, they’d have to read them, and the eleven were:
- Of Marriageable Age by Sharon Maas
- In the Kitchen by Monica Ali
- The Poet by Michael Connelly
- The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier
- A French Affair by Susan Lewis
- The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
- Dreams of Rivers and Seas by Tim Parks
- An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender
And lastly…”A Father’s Portrait.”
It’s been three years and I’ve bought and read many more books that I have safely stored in my collection hoping that someday, I’ll have the chance to pick one and say “you should read this,” because who knows what would be popular then.
I’d probably shove my whole collection into her face but only time will tell. So, here goes something and I am glad that Sharon Maas is still on that list!