I am officially a year older! Well, March is my birthday month and I was looking forward to having a nice laid back fun day spent at Java, sipping coffee and eating chocolate fudge cake. Well, that’s what I thought I would do, when I posted this.
The truth is, my birthday landed on a working day and I stayed up till 1:00am getting things done.
I woke up on Thursday feeling out of sorts because the first song I came across my playlist was Stay With Me by Sam Smith and I wasn’t in the mood for feeling blue.
So, I walk into the office all blue and moody and grouchy and “I don’t want to talk to anybody” mood written all over my face when my Supervisor says, “Listen, you and I are going to Java today to get coffee and cake! Alright?”
Now, Heaven is in my face and I say “Alright,” and that was the beginning of a fun day…well, at least for a couple of hours because work had to be done, reports and emails had to be read, proofed, edited and sent.
The highlights of my week had to be:
- Learning that I am aging quite gracefully and my baby cheeks are still on point.
- Understanding that life goes on because it should never stop, and whenever I want the world to stop for me, it will sprint instead!
- Love is…
- Getting an awesome Thermos Flask from my Mom because she knows I could use some coffee while at work, and besides she is worried sick that I am starting to lose weight again.
- Getting a copy of Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie from my sister 🙂
- Getting 4 awesome books to read.
- Celebrating International Women’s Day and appreciating the fact that the world is working towards gender equality because women’s rights are human rights, and this journey will take a lot of effort and time.